What’s the best thing to relax into after work? A bean bag, obviously! And it’s just the sort of thing you need for your man cave. Gone are the days of chairs and sofas. What you need is something big and soft to sink into, not a stiff, hard chair.
When we decided to review the top bean bags, we thought a sports theme would be the way to go. That would be a perfect match for a games room, right? But we quickly found that those were either for kids, or just terribly made. So, because there’s no way we would suggest anything we wouldn’t want ourselves, we searched far and wide for large, comfortable bean bags instead. Something we wouldn’t mind sinking into for hours while we get in a few games of COD. Not to forget a beer by your side.
Beanbags vs Sofas
Why would you need a bean bag? Aren’t they a little childish? Our team at Man Cave Advisor doesn’t think so. Most of us did have them as kids, but bean bags certainly don’t have an age limit. They are perfect for either yourself, or a friend when he comes around for the game. We also believe that you should have at least one for those times where a sofa just doesn’t cut it. There are times of course when a soft recliner offers a more comfortable seat, even if you can’t move it around very easily.
The Sofa Dilemma: Sofa’s are expensive, heavy, and hard to move by yourself. In addition, while sofas can be comfortable, it’s only if you’re sitting completely upright or getting a stiff neck from lying against the armrest. We know from experience how uncomfortable they can be, and the struggle to find a position that we can be in for a while.
Another problem is when your buddies come around. A sofa can only sit a few people, so they aren’t ideal for when you have a larger group come around.
The Beanbag Solution: Bean bags are a more comfortable option. They are also portable, light and easily mold-able. They can also be machine washed, so if you ever spill your beer on it there’s no need to worry! The washing machine will fix that up. No need to grab the sponge and saturate it through with water. A beanbag is often cheaper to buy and a perfect fit for a man cave.
Bean bags are also easy to grab from storage when you need them. Especially when you’re having a games night and have a few people to seat. They’re easy to set up and your friends will appreciate having one to themselves.
We have reviewed many of the top beanbags in order to sort out the winners from the junk. We sifted through them with a fine-comb and the best that met our criteria for the following:
- Adult Sized
- Good Reviews
- Value For Money
We have also included a BONUS review, which may not have met all the criteria but was definitely worthy of our list!
- MACHINE WASHABLE COVERS - simply just remove the outer comfy cover and throw it in the wash. Clean up the sack and make the Footstool like new!
- ULTIMATE COMFY COVERS - Interchangeable Comfy Outer Covers with Double Stitched Seams made for maximum strength & durability. We use the highest quality zipper available. The best part, our comfy covers are machine washable.
- SHREDDED 100% VIRGIN USA FOAM - Ultimate Sack Footstools are stuffed with a 100% virgin shredded, soft, brand new memory foam blend that is high quality to give you comfort levels you have never experienced for the Ultimate Sack Family Comfort.
- Large size
- Includes a footstool for added comfort
- Filled with soft memory foam
- Machine washable
- May be too big if you have a small space
- Needs to be ‘fluffed up’ one a week to keep its shape
This is a great bean bag for anyone who just want to sink into comfort. It is filled with memory foam so will be very soft to sit in, however you may need to top up the beans occasionally, when they start to go flat. It’s perfect for a larger man cave.
- Comes with matching ottoman that stacks conveniently into Seat of chair for easy storage
- Made with durable fabric that is tough, stain and water resistant and cleans easily with a damp cloth
- Filled with UltimaX Beans that conform to you and last 20% longer than the competition
- Has a very comfortable feel, especially with the stable back and armrests (It isn’t a typical beanbag shape and instead has the structure of an armchair)
- Good value
- Includes a foot stool
- Soft material
- Will sink with time – Buy at least one bag of beans with it
- Can be on the small side. A larger man may find it too small
- May begin to sag if not properly filled, so make sure the beans are packed well
This is a comfortable, snug bean bag armchair. It has structured sides and a back, so it is easy to remain upright while giving the softness of a traditional bean bag.
- Covered in stain-resistant, easy-to-clean SmartMax Fabric
- Filled with Megahh Beans to surround you with comfort on all sides
- Available in multiple colors
- Structured back
- Double stitched and has double zippers
- Good value
- May lose its structure over time. Best suited with back support, like a corner or wall
- May prove too short for a taller man
It’s good value for money and suited to any space. But be aware that the back may not hold and could become flat unless propped against a wall. Still, it is a comfortable, soft beanbag perfect for watching the sport’s channel on TV or playing games.
- FUN FOR EVERYONE: A great size for both kids and adults, this comfy bean bag is the perfect furniture addition to any basement, family room, dorm, or bedroom whether as a gaming chair or a study spot
- OVERSIZED SACK: 60 x 60 x 34 inches - Collapse into a seat that loves you back and forms to fit your body; with space for two, you can cuddle close, share with a friend, or spread out to really relax
- SHREDDED MEMORY FOAM: Chill Sack bean bag chairs are stuffed with a shredded, soft, memory foam blend that is highly durable to maintain shape while increasing comfort levels for the ultimate chill moments
- Many Colors Available
- Made in USA
It’s a good quality bean bag that can definitely fit into your decor so if you plan on leaving this bean bag out permanently then it won’t look out of place.
BONUS Review – just for a bit of fun!
- Highly durable and Extremely comfortable
- 100% polyester
- Photo realistic high quality print
- Large size
- Good quality print
- just plain fun!
- Thin material
- Not very soft
While it might not be perfect for sitting on for a long time, your mates won’t be able to help thinking it’s the coolest bean bag they’ve ever seen. While slightly overpriced for what it is, it’s a novelty that would suit any man cave!
Bean bags are great alternatives to chairs or sofas. They’re lightweight, comfortable and just nice to sit into. While there are sports themed beanbags and other novelty products out there, you can’t beat comfort. What’s the point of having something you won’t enjoy sitting on, anyway? The top three we have reviewed for you are not only comfortable but will create a room that exudes relaxation and fun. No more plain sofas…get yourself a beanbag instead!