Your man cave is complete, your dream escape-pad is ready to go, you look around at your work and you are rightfully impressed, but there is that one thing that still bothers you. The dart board is attached to the wall, as it should be. It’s the regulation 5 foot 8 inches from floor to bulls-eye center, your oche is exactly 7 foot 9 1/4 inches from the front of the board, you even have outdoor carpet on the wall to stop any miss thrown dart damaging the walls, but there is still something that just isn’t right. Then it dawns upon you, a cabinet, that’s what I need, a dartboard cabinet to hide the board when you’re not using it. Not only will it keep the board protected, but if the right one is chosen, it can also be a feature in your man cave.
Why do You Need a Dartboard Cabinet?
Let’s look at what the benefits of a dartboard cabinet are. You know that after a lot of use, the trusty dart board can become a little messy. Gone is the pristine looking sisal fiber disk that you were so proud of when you first hung it on the wall, now there is a sad looking multi-colored circle full of little piercings. Oh, you’ve had so much fun on it, but it’s starting to look a little tired. This is where your decision to use a dartboard cabinet comes into its own.
The dartboard cabinet can also be a personalized piece of wall art. There are cabinets available that can be emblazoned with your favorite team’s logo. Or even the beer that you prefer with the companies livery placed onto the cabinet’s surface. Then for those who are artistic themselves, you can always place your own personal touch onto the cabinet with the use of your favorite motor sports stickers, or if you want, a bright coat of paint. The options for decorating your dartboard cabinet are only limited to your imagination.
What Should You Be Looking For?
One of the things that you should be aware of when you are in the market to buy a dartboard cabinet is the features that certain brands come with, or in some cases, without. All of us who have enjoyed the odd game of arrows, knows how important the scoring area is. Some cabinets come with a black-board so small that it is a total waste of time. Then some come with decent sized white boards that make scoring an ease for the chalker. Either way, be sure to choose wisely when you are searching for the cabinet that suits your man cave.
The hardness of the wood is also a very important issue. Unlike most of us would be “Eric Bristow’s” there are some people that are a little unsteady when launching a dart at what seems to be an unmissable target. These individuals are a little directionally challenged and can sometimes leave those tell-tale little piercing’s all over the place, walls included. The wood out of which your dartboard cabinet is made needs to be solid enough to accept the point of an in-coming missile, but not so hard that it will deflect the projectile in another direction, or so soft that the impact of a miss-directed dart will split it.
Let’s spend a little time on seeing just what is available to you, and make your search just a little easier. There is one very important thing that you will need to keep in mind, most dartboard cabinets on the market come with a dartboard, so just getting the cabinet may prove to be a little difficult. Having said that though, there’s no reason why a standby dart board shouldn’t be kept in a safe place, as you never know when your old-faithful will see its last one-hundred-and eighty.
- Comprehensive bundle features the Viper Hudson dartboard cabinet with a mahogany finish; Crafted with solid pine, box joints and bronze hinges
- Open dimensions: 41.5" L x 21.25" W x 3.5" D; Closed dimensions: 23.25" L x 21.25" W x 3.5 D; Interior dimensions 20" L x 20" W x 2-1/4" D
- Includes dry erase scoreboard, out-chart board, dry erase marker and mounting hardware
- Light cherry finish with finger joint frame construction - holds 2 sets of darts
- Includes official 18" x 1½" bristle dartboard
- Traditional scoring on the inside of one door and electronic scorer on the other
- Take your game to the next level from the comfort of your own home with the officially licensed NFL dart cabinet set with steel tip bristle dartboard and darts
- Dartboard cabinet highlighted by team logo on dartboard doors, centered to proudly show your team spirit; Dartboard and interior of cabinet also feature team name and logos
- Constructed from solid pine wood for a classic look and sturdy profile; Dartboard cabinet measures 23-1/4" L x 22" W x 4" D
There are so many options available to you when it comes to meeting your individual dartboard cabinet needs. Be sure to do the research before committing, and make sure that you know exactly what you want in a dartboard cabinet. Remember, it’s your man cave, and it’s your choice, so don’t let outside influences cloud your judgment. Now all that’s left to do is to better your game.