Multi game tables are essential to any man cave. In fact, you can’t say your setup is complete until you have one. Sure, you can get by if you don’t, but you won’t realize how much space you’re wasting–not to mention missing out on the convenience of having access to multiple table games.
The need for a multi game table comes from three things: lack of space, money and boredom. We have reviewed the three best multi-game tables and why every man that’s serious about his cave should have one.
Why Buy a Multi Game Table?
Takes Up Less Space
A multi game table is often the crowning jewel to the room, being both appealing and functional. Having multiple tables does take up a lot of space. So instead of doing this, some men just own the one table. But this isn’t great either. There’s nothing worse than coming home with a desire to smash out a game of table hockey and all you’ve got is your single game table of foosball clogging up the corner of your room. It takes up a bunch of precious space… space you could have occupied with bowling, table tennis, billiards, or air hockey. The best part is knowing it’s all contained in the same four sides as a single one game table.
Saves You Money
Getting your hands on your own multi-game table is the best way to save money. This leaves more cash left over to spend on more important things, like beer and a good steak sandwich. There would be no need to waste money on multiple one-game tables when you can get it all with one multi-game table.
It’s easy to get bored when you play the same game over and over–that’s something we’re sure everyone has experienced. And if you decide that you’re happy just owning a one-game table, think about what you’re missing out on. All of us tire of doing the same thing over and over–heck, that’s what makes work so boring! You don’t want to come home from doing the same thing over and over just to come home and relax by playing the same game over and over. Change things up a bit and kill that boredom.
Types of Multi-Game Tables
Now let’s get down to the nitty-gritty details – the stuff you’ll want to know before buying one. You need to decide which one you want, and what suits your space the best. There are three main types, and each has their merits.
This is a table with a stationary base, so you must sit the new game boards on top. This is a good idea if you don’t want to be messing around with too many moving parts, and it’s very stable. However, you may have multiple boards that you will need to store away. But this shouldn’t be a problem as some tables have compartments for this.
This does not have a stationary base, but one board that you can swivel. It has a game on either side, making for an easy switch. It also saves space as it has only one board. This may be preferable to a convertible, but just be aware that you will only have the two games.
This table has a base that rotates like a flip top, but it also has additional pieces that can be added. Common games include table hockey, foosball and billiards. These are often 3-in-1 or 4-in-1.
What to look for in an ideal Multi Game Table
Now that you’re ready to look for a multi game table, remember not to go cheap. There’s nothing worse than spending your money on something with a weak structure and thin wood. When it comes to tables, you want something to last and look impressive, even if that means parting with a few extra dollars.
Also, you don’t want to be explaining to your mates when they come over for Friday games night why the board is sagging a little in the middle, or why the painted lines on table tennis is flaking off. Nobody wants that. So just deal with the fact you will have to spend more and do it properly.
We’ve sifted through a bunch of bad multi game tables, so you don’t have to. These three came out on top for being the best value for money and for good quality. Without further ado, let’s get into them, starting with our third most favorite.
- ⚽【Multifunctional 48 Inch 3-in-1 Foosball Table】This foosball table has a size of 48 inches with 4 legs, can be directly used and it has a perfect design with 48 Inch multifunctional table (air table, pool table, soccer table), ideal for daily use at home or game room and any other occassions.
- ⚽【Bring You Lots of Fun】Do you want to have fun at home? This foosball table is ideal for kids and adults use at home. The versatile and simple-to-use interactive foosball table can be perfectly placed in a game room, garage or playroom, which brings you, your family and friends lots of fun.
- ⚽【With 3 Playing Modes】Billiard - play the game as assembled using the billiard ball set, cue, triangle; Soccer - place the soccer table on the top of the billiard frame. Play the game using the soccer ball; Glide hockey - reverse the soccer table and then place on the top of the billiard frame. Play the game using pushers and hover pucks
The Giantex Multi Game Table is a conventional table features Pool as the base, and the rest as add-on boards which lock into place.
- Good value for money
- Includes Pool, Hockey and Foosball on a conventional table with locks to keep the additional boards in place
- It is a little on the smaller side, being 48” in length and 22” tall (Not ideal for an adult, but if you can elevate it on some crates, it would do just fine)
- Good value for money
- Will require more assembly time than most tables, as there are a lot of screws (You must be patient)
Verdict: It’s a decent table if you want it for the occasional game, but its low height and size may prove frustrating if you want to get serious about a game. Good for casual, fun gaming.
- PERFECT SIZE FOR KIDS: 31 inches of gaming space is perfectly sized for your kids to enjoy a nice day of competitive indoor fun!
- 4-IN-1 TABLE GAME SET: Perfect for parties and family get-togethers; designed with air hockey, table tennis, billiards, and foosball surfaces for a variety of at-home gaming
- STURDY WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Four sturdy legs support a high-quality MDF frame to promote extended play; includes plastic materials which meet U.S. Federal safety standards for ASTM & CPSIA
The Best Choices 4-in-1 Table has many great features that make it perfect for a man of any size. A problem we have found with most table is their small size, but you can place this onto a table of your choice and it’s ready to go.
- This is a tabletop table, meaning you won’t have any issues with height (If you’re a tall guy, just use a surface that suits you and place this on top)
- Comes with four games: Billiards, Air hockey, Foosball and Table Tennis
- Lightweight and mobile – perfect for taking it to a mate’s house
- Easy to assemble
- Great for the money
- 32” in length, which is small
- Does not use air, so the ‘air hockey’ is simply table hockey (The puck can sometimes stick to the board)
Verdict: This is a lightweight and very mobile table that features a good selection of games. However, it is tiny and would be difficult to use for long periods of time. Because of this, the table is perfect for someone who wants to pick it up and take it anywhere. Whether that’s a friend’s house, the living room table, or in front of the TV. Good for quick, casual games.
- 4 GAMES IN 1: With 4 games, there's something for everyone in the family; 4-in-1 table tennis, billiards, hover hockey, and bowling game table
- LARGE PLAY AREA: Table is 54 inches long; playing surface is 44 inches long
- STORAGE SPACE: Built-in storage for all game accessories
Wow, now THIS is a multi game table! If you remember my advice not to go cheap, now is the time to take it. The Lancaster 4-in-1 Multi Game Table is the table you should get if you want a proper multi game table. Unlike the other two, this is a swivel table and rotates on an axis. There’s plenty of storage to hide everything away until you need it (yep, even the additional game boards, too).
- A large table at 62” in length
- 4-in-1 table featuring Air Hockey, Billiards, Table Tennis, & Football
- Unlike the others that feature ‘air hockey’, this one really is the closest to it (The puck creates its own air, which you can charge when the battery is low)
- Plenty of storage
- Will last a long time. It’s made of metal, PVC and MDF for durability and sturdiness
- Heavier than the others
Verdict: This one truly is the best so far, and with a little more money, you could have a great multi game table to impress even the most skeptical mate. Its large, good quality, and has plenty of storage space. This is a table anyone would be proud to own. Imagine this table taking its place in the forefront of your games room–the most important piece for entertainment and competition.
By now you will understand why a multi game table is not just important, but essential to your space. Whether that’s a man cave, gaming room, or a little corner of your living room. No matter where you go to take time out with friends, these will never fail to give you the enjoyment you deserve. If you only need a single game table like pool, foosball or air hockey then you will be better off buying these separately as you’ll get a better game than a multi game table. But if want more than one game then there are plenty of options.