There are times when you just don’t have enough room to play everything you want in your games room or man cave. Perhaps you like pool but just don’t want to see the table 24/7. This is where a foldable pool table is perfect.
How convenient would it be to spice up your home entertainment with a pool table? They offer an excellent way to keep your friends engaged during get-togethers or lazy chilling Fridays. But the problem is, apart from cost, they’re so bulky and heavy. With a folding pool table, you need not worry about the inconveniences of something taking up so much space.
Why Should You Opt For A Foldable Pool Table?
Choosing a foldable pool table doesn’t mean you’ll have to give up the thrilling bit of the game for space. The best portable pool tables are equally entertaining and offer a similar excitement as a standard table, only on a small scale.
Proper Space Utilisation
If you don’t have a whole room dedicated to a pool table, the foldable type allows you to conveniently place them in the little available space. After having some fun, you’ll be able to fold and store the table away, allowing you to put the space into other use. Of course if you have the space then a standard (non-foldable) pool table will always give you a better game.
These billiard tables are conveniently lightweight, which means only two guys can set them up and start having fun. Unlike standard pool tables, portable versions allow you to conveniently position it in any direction to suit your enjoyment.
The cost of a standard pool table can somewhat be discouraging. It’ll need you to save up to afford one. With a foldable type, you won’t have to create a budget for it. You’ll be able to get an affordable one without breaking the bank.
Easy to set up
Since you’ll be setting up the foldable pool table for use then unpack it for storage, these tables are made to be so easy to set up. You won’t require special skills or tools; all you have to do is unfold it when you want to play, and fold it back when done.
Fun without compromise
With a foldable pool table, you won’t be sacrificing the fun for other things like space and price. These tables offer the same fun experience as the standard ones without jeopardizing the thrill. Plus, they have few maintenance requirements to ensure you enjoy the fun.
Our Best 5 Folding Pool Tables
Finding the best foldable pool table isn’t an easy task. We’ve simplified the work for you by reviewing the various tables from different manufacturers.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT – This gorgeous table includes durable, steel legs that easily fold for transportation and storage. The included nylon carry bag is rip-resistant, keeping your table safe and secure while it’s on the go.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY – The Fairmont’s compact 6-foot frame is perfect for kids learning the game. Adults will appreciate its high-quality construction and simple space-saving design A perfect addition to any game room gym or office.
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED – Every table ships fully assembled and ready to play. Simply unfold the legs and get the fun rolling.
For an elevated gaming experience, this best foldable pool table has a cue set, diamond racking triangle, and an accessory kit. The kit has a nylon carry bag, two 48 inch billiard cues, cue chalk, brush, and standard snooker balls.
- Lively bumper and bouncy surface
- Modern chic design
- Easier assembly
- Solid build
- Billiard cue sticks are short
- Large cue balls
- Your purchase includes One GLD Fat Cat Trueshot Pool Table of 6 ft. | Set of billiard balls, Two cues, One billiard brush, One ball triangle and Two chalks | A case is not included
- Pool table dimensions – 76” L x 43” W x 32” H | Weight – 114 lbs. | Balls (each) – 2.25” Diameter | Cues (each) – 57” | Playing table thickness – ½” | Indoor only
- Compact design allows you to enjoy your favorite game in spaces you never thought possible
The playing surface consists of nylon and wool, giving an extra smooth ball roll for an elevated playing experience. The accessories included are two cue sticks, a set of pool balls, and a racking triangle. The Hathaway Maverick also has a silver laminate top rail with white inlay and elegant chrome-plated corner caps. The leg levelers enhance playability on slightly rough ground.
This multi-game foldable pool table features a high-grade wooden ping pong playing surface. However, the paddles and balls aren’t included, so you might need to buy them separately.
- High-quality billiard table
- Red and black elegant design
- Resing molded drop pockets
- Compact playing surface
- Smaller than a standard size pool table
- Pool accessories may need an upgrade
- COMPLETE SET: Includes a mid-size billiards table with 15 regulation balls and cue ball, ball rack, 2 57 inch cue sticks, 2 chalk and felt brush
- MIDSIZE BILLIARDS TABLE: Great size for competitive games, but small enough to store anywhere; Assembled: 84 L x 47 W x 31 H inches
- INSTANT SETUP: Ready to play out of the box, simply fold the legs out and let the fun begin; Perfect for game rooms, apartments, offices, or anyone who does not want to deal with a full size table
The GoSports has sturdy steel frames, while the playing surface consists of black, blue or red woolen blend cloth. It’s ideal for any level experience as it includes bumper rails to suit accuracy and support professional playability.
It comes ready, requiring no assembly, only setting it up. It folds compactly, making it ideal for storing anywhere, including behind sofas and under the bed. It also has all the accessories with it: a set of billiard balls, triangle rack, two cue sticks, pool table chalk, and a brush.
- Doesn’t require assembly
- Made from quality materials
- Excellent playability, hence suitable to all player expert levels
- Easier storage
- Good playability
- Leg levelers
- Table not flattest
- FOLDING DESIGN: The SereneLife Portable Pool Table features foldable legs for easy storage. Its innovative design couples compact design w/ surprising portability. Measures 76” x 43” x 31.8”, perfect size for younger players learning the fun of pool
- LOCKING MECHANISM: This foldable pool table is equipped with leg leveling adjustment & locking leg safety mechanism to ensure a fun filled game without any worry. The locking feature keeps it sturdy and prevents the table from sliding while you play
- TRUESHOT AIMING SYSTEM: Equipped w/ trueshot aiming system which includes 18 aiming points that help you line up your shots. Perfect for beginners & intermediate players. Includes 6 foot pool table, billiard balls, cues, brush, ball triangle & chalks
The accessories featured in this table include tool pool cues, a set of pool balls, brush, ball triangle and chalk.
- Leg Leveling
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Comes with all accessories
- Sturdy frame
- Small size
- Perfect gift for those that love Tables
- Great craftmanship.
- Measurement: H: 29 x W: 22 x D: 44
CHH is ideal for learners, experienced players, might find it a little too small. The table is 5.75 x 25.5 x 46 inches in size so it allows you to conveniently set it up in small rooms or store it in smaller spaces. It features a stylish hardwood construction but is lightweight. The folding metallic legs and the synthetic green felt offers excellent playability.
The legs hoist the table high enough for adults and lowly sufficient to suit kids to play comfortably. The accessories included with CHH are a triangle track, a set of billiard balls, a table brush, two chalk pieces, and pair of cues.
- Lightweight and saves space
- Great playability
- Hardwood construction
- Quality materials and durable
- It doesn’t have a bumper rail
Things to Consider When Buying a Folding Pool Table
Now that we’ve seen why a foldable pool table is as great as the standard one, how would you go about buying one for yourself? We understand that choosing the best foldable pool table can be daunting, so we’ve outlined a couple of essential things you should consider when shopping.
When shopping for a foldable pool table, you should consider the size in relation to the available space you intend to put it. Measure your space and ensure that players will get at least one-meter space around the table to allow flexing the cue stick when aiming.
With the size of the table in mind, the foldable types come in varying sizes, from small to medium. The smallest size is 40 inches in length and is the easiest to move around. It’s ideal if you have budding players at home who’d like to beef up their skills.
The bigger the size of a table, the more exciting and realistic the gaming experience; therefore, consider the expertise level of your players when looking at the size.
The good thing about foldable pool tables is that they have minimal or no assembly requirements. The ability to fold is the key benefit of these tables. When looking at the folding style, the larger tables have more complex folding and can be cumbersome.
The folding style can either be those with detachable legs and those with foldable legs. With the foldable legs, it’s easier to transport or move the table as a single unit. The detachable type makes the table lighter and less cumbersome to carry. The legs are also lighter on their own.
These are the ideal best foldable pool tables to consider if you’ll be doing a lot of moving. But they can be a little daunting to assemble the legs.
The price of a foldable pool table is dependent on the size, ease of use, construction quality, playability, and workmanship. The smaller tables generally cost less but depending on how much you’re willing to spend, plan for a budget between $100 and $800.
If a foldable pool table costs lower or higher than the range, it’s probably not worth it.
Single or Multi-Game
With a foldable pool table, the experience level of a player doesn’t matter that much. Both novices and veterans can enjoy playing over these tables without much difference in enjoyment. Also, you’ll have to consider whether a single or multi-game table will best suit your needs.
A multi-game table is better if your kids have varying preferences, including table tennis, air hockey, or chess checkers. Otherwise, a single table with billiards only can get the job done. But the multi-purpose are gaining more popularity in homes because they offer more varied fun while still saving on space.
The construction pertains to the playing surface and bed material. Slate is one of the best materials for the playing surface. It’s solid rock and highly durable but can be very costly, up to $1,000. MDF type is more affordable, made from fiberboard hence more prone to warping as time goes by.
Playing bed can be of different materials. Non-professional tables mainly use woolen cloth, but worsted wool offers a faster boll roll and is the best. Also, consider foldable pool tables with bumpers or cushions to provide consistent ball bounce.
A foldable pool table should be affordable, save space, and be of high-quality materials. But above all, playability should suit both budding players and the experienced. Hathaway’s Fairmont pool table is our preferred choice because of its excellent playability and suitable size. Keep in mind that foldable pool tables use wood or wood composite bed’s not slate, so they will eventually warp.
If you’re after an affordable option that doesn’t take much space, CHH Mini folding pool table is an excellent choice. It allows both kids and adults to play comfortably. The metallic legs also make it ideal to use outdoors as they’re more resistant to wear and tear.