Are Electronic Dartboards the future of darts? The choice… Electronic or Bristle? It’s a big decision, and while there are many traditionalists, electronic dartboards do have advantages over their bristle counterparts.
What were once only found in the habitat of pubs and bars, dartboards have now become an essential part of every man cave. A cave is not complete without a dartboard and now that electronic dartboards have come of age, everyone can get involved in a game of darts.
Why Go Electronic?
Other usual man cave staples such as billiards, foosball, and air hockey are just too cumbersome to install. They’re also massive pieces of furniture that take up a lot of precious man cave real estate. Dartboards, on the other hand, don’t take a lot up a lot of space and don’t require a lot of work to set up. A small portion of a sturdy wall, some nails, and about 8-feet of space are all that it takes to get one up and running. It’s a tiny price to pay for such an entertaining piece of equipment.
The electronic component of dartboards adds a level of extra fun. It helps you organize multiplayer games to get all your buddies involved in the games. There are also other game modes that you can choose from so you’ll never get bored of playing.
Electronic dart boards are also safer. The sharp steel tips of traditional darts can potential seriously hurt someone especially when people have one too many drinks. It’s even more dangerous when kids, as you well know they would wander inside your man cave. Most electronic dartboards use soft tipped darts that helps prevent any serious injury.
Electronic Dartboard Features
Almost all electronic dartboards on the market include a built-in scoreboard. This valuable feature not only shows the current scores (so you don’t have to remember) but will also show who’s turn it is. Very handy if your game gets interrupted often or if you forget after having one too many beers.
Some people are just good at darts, so in order to make a game fair, many electronic dartboards can be set up with handicaps. This makes for a fair and exciting game for beginners all the way to professionals.
In order to keep all of your buddies happy in your man cave, most electronic dartboards will include a variety of games to entertain for hours. There are always your standard games like 301 and 501, but electronic dartboards will include more party games like cricket, golf, baseball and round the clock to keep everyone entertained for hours.
Every man deserves the best, most advanced dartboard there is. There’s no debate that for your purposes, an electronic dartboard is the best. We’ll help you find which one exactly fits your needs.
- Tournament-Quality Electronic Dartboard- Regulation 15.5” Target Area
- 39 Games with 179 Variations (7 Cricket Games)
- NylonTough Segments Improve Durability and Playability
When in use, the Arachnid reveals a fully electronic dartboard with a large 15.5” target area. The LCD score display that helps you keep track of the scores. It comes with 6 soft-tipped darts (with extra dart tips) for either single-player, versus, or multiplayer games.
Speaking of games, it has 40 built-in games with 179 variations. To heighten the fun, there’s a heckler feature that either mocks or applauds depending on your scores. So, whether you’re playing multiplayer, versus, or one-player, expect a level of fun that you can’t expect from traditional dartboards.
- LCD keeps an accurate record of scores
- The 40 games with 179 variations will surely keep you occupied for a long time
- Heckler feature is a welcome addition for a simulation of a real public pub or bar game
- High-quality soft-tipped darts
- Premium quality build
- Bounce-out management system could be improved
- Warranty is only against defects
- Computer player is extremely good (even at the lowest setting)
- Designed with a regulation sized 15.5" target face; Tournament quality thermal resin segments provide an exceptionally durable playing surface
- Ultra-thin spider greatly reduces bounce outs, allowing for closer dart groupings to maximize scoring; Built-in storage holds 2 sets of darts and extra dart points
- Features 57 games with 307 options and accommodates up-to 16 players; A large missed dart catch ring offers protection for your wall from errant throws
Its luxurious pine finish makes it a beautiful wall accent in and of itself when it’s not in use. When you open it up to use it, however, you’ll be treated to even more premium materials.
It has one of the densest spider designs out there that makes it function almost like a premium bristle dartboard. It also comes with a Viper Laser toe line marker. It’s one of the most accurate toe line apparatus there is. Along with other features, the Viper 800 truly is one of the best in its class.
- Ultra-thin spider design helps keep bounce-outs to a minimum
- Solid pine finish for the cabinet exudes luxury
- Regulation size 15.5” target area
- Viper Laser toe line marker is indisputable and helps you keep your man cave floor clutter free
- 57 games with 307 options make it one of the most versatile dartboards in the market
- Backlit LED score display is small and difficult to read compared to other displays
- price point might be a little bit too expensive for casual man cave builders
- 34 games and 183 scoring options; cyber play with 5 skill levels; up to 8 players; 13.5" Target face
- Concave segment holes and ultra thin spider help prevent bounce outs
- Easy to read control panel; LCD front display and extra large LCD cricket scoreboard inside door
This no-frills dartboard doesn’t offer much but it gets the job done. The cabinet looks decent but not luxurious and the dartboard itself is the same way – decent.
- A lot of well thought out storage space inside the cabinet
- One of the brightest and easy-to-read score displays in any electronic dartboard of whatever price range
- 6 spare tips
- 34 games with 183 variations
- Inexpensive dart board considering other cabinet-less dartboards cost around the same
- Bounce-outs are often because of the large spider and segment holes
- Soft-tipped darts easily break
- 🎁21 EXCITING GAMES WITH 65 VARIATIONS - Game list: 301, 401, 501, 601, 701, 801, 901, Cricket, No-score cricket, Scram, Killer, Football, Bowling, Double down, High score, Shanghai, Golf, Shove a penny, Steeplechase, Shove a penny, Nine dart century
- 🎁BRIGHT LCD DISPLAY - Do not stop playing to keep scores, all you need is to enjoy the game with an LCD display. The maximum number of individual players is limited to 4. This dartboard is capable of keeping score for team play: 2 teams of 2 (4 individuals), 2 teams of 3 (6 individuals) and then 2 teams of 4 (8 individuals)
- 🎁ULTRA-THIN SPIDER, WIDE CATCH RING - Ultra-thin spider reduces bounce outs. Wide catch ring offers protection for your wall from errant throws
Budget electronic dartboards are usually not very good but the WIN.MAX electronic dartboard set performs magnificently. For a starter-set, this feature-packed board offers plenty of fun comparable to dartboards twice its price.
- Voice announcer is a feature not even expensive electronic dartboards have
- The aesthetics reflect its budget price
- Spider is unimpressive and tends to have a lot of bounce-outs even right out of the box
- Has just 21 games
Essential Electronic Dartboard Accessories
Once you buy your electronic dartboard you’re going to need to stock up on those essential dartboard accessories.
Laser Throw/Toe Line Marker
If you only buy one accessory for your dartboard then it must be the Viper Laser throw/Toe Line Marker. This cool device allows you to place a laser throwing line of the floor. No more marking the floor with markers or tape. No cleanup or stickers, ever again!
- State-of-the-art laser beam which accurately marks your throw/toe line; Provides a modern alternative to traditional adhesive floor markers
- Compatible with both steel and soft tip darts, making the Viper laser throw/toe line marker an essential accessory for causal and competitive dart player alike
- Bright and energy efficient lighting of the laser allows it to be seen even in intense daylight; Can be positioned at any vertical angle near your dartboard
Soft Tip Dart Point Remover Tool
From time to time, soft tip darts will get stuck in an electronic dartboard. This little tool allows you to remove those tips in order to keep your dartboard functioning as it should.
- When a tip breaks inside a board it can be nearly impossible to remove, rendering that section useless. However the Fat Cat Broken Shaft Remover allows you to save your dartboard and allow it to live another day
- Unique design removes the broken pieces throughout the board
- Avoid creating dead zones on your board, and prevent bounce outs
Cabinet Mounted Display Light
Depending on where you mount your electronic dartboard, you may find a shadow gets casts on the board itself. This Cabinet mounted display light from Viper will get rid of that unsightly shadow that cast of your board.
- Cabinet mounted display light illuminates your dartboard, enhancing your visibility and transforms your game room into a true centerpiece
- Features 3 adjustable bright and energy efficient LED light pods, delivering a crisp, clear view at any distance
- Mounting hardware is included, allowing for easy installation to any flattop dartboard cabinet; Display light flips up, allowing you to close your cabinet
There are debates on whether traditional competition dartboards or leisurely electronic dartboards are better. But, it all boils down to use case scenarios. If you’re practicing for a professional competition, then its traditional tournament-grade bristle dartboard is for you. But when it comes to man caves, electronic dartboards have become a crowd favorite. They’re inexpensive additions but they’re extremely fun for individual relaxation and group play. There’s also a wide range of selections of different price ranges in the market so whatever you’re looking for or whatever’s your budget, there’s a perfect one for you.